TT600R wrong needle set?

Alles rund um die Technik der TT600

Moderator: Forum-Wächter

TT600R wrong needle set?

Beitragvon Jolan » Mo 25. Mär 2019, 19:36

Apologize for English but my German writing is embarrassing.

Last summer I made a big trip and drove my TT600R to Mongolia, just before departure I found out that the needle of the first carburator was slightly damaged and ordered a complete needle set (5CH-1490J-10) to be sure, the order was put on hold and i missed the delivery. Lucky the bike was fine and I made it to Mongolia without problems.

Back home I found out that what I had ordered completely mismatch the needle set which is in my bike, is this leverage mechanisme correct in my bike? All the "parts fiches" I have found of the TT600R displays the part CMSNL has send me so they are not wrong. Please see the pictures below which illustrates the difference.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Jolan
vielleicht meint er es ernst

Re: TT600R wrong needle set?

Beitragvon Iceman » Mi 27. Mär 2019, 21:44

Hi Jolan,
at first, i never have opened my carburator , im not able to tell you, if these parts existing in my Bike!
The parts do you have , are different,
Nevertheless it is possible, that these are interchangeable!
You have to put out the complete Link Arm System!
Will the new parts fit between the Center Pin?
If yes, assemble an check function of carburator _ if piston will run up and down an closes correct!

Other idea!
Es do you need the change the complete Link Arm System?
Maybe it will be ok if you change the new delivered needle!
Hereby you can use most of the original parts!!!!
Good Lück
Bernd
Iceman
hat sonst nichts zu tun
hat sonst nichts zu tun

Beitragvon Jolan » Do 28. Mär 2019, 11:58

Thank you for your response. I actually don't need the whole linkage, just the needle but I was just wondering why these parts differ so much and if the linkage in my bike is the same as used in other TTR's as it doesn't match the parts catalog.

But I will send the whole package back to cmsnl, as the bike runs OK after all and this part was pretty damn expensive :oops:
Jolan

Beitragvon Iceman » Do 28. Mär 2019, 20:18

Maybe they will fit! You have got parts from a different manufacturer. No OEM parts.
Seems that they follow another functionality?
However, if you can use the needle and the bike will run propperly, you are happy with this!
:positive:
Iceman
hat sonst nichts zu tun
hat sonst nichts zu tun

Zurück zu Technik