TTR engine blocked

Alles rund um die Technik der TT600

Moderator: Forum-Wächter

Re: TTR engine blocked

Beitragvon Jolan » Fr 6. Jan 2017, 12:26

Thorsten, that was the first thing I did before I opened the clutch side. I can rotate the piston, but only back and fort, just before TDP it blocks. I am not sure if it blocks on the exhaust stroke or the compression stroke. Will try to upload a video tomorrow.

But if i look at the clutch side the kickstarter seems to be totally disconnected from the crankshaft. Or is the left bottom gear still connected some way with the crankshaft?
Jolan
vielleicht meint er es ernst

Beitragvon Torn » Fr 6. Jan 2017, 22:40

ich dachte auch eher an ein blockiertes Ventil über klemmen in der Feder! kann es mir anders momentan nicht erklären, da nen loses Ventil echt super unwahrscheinlich ist.... bin gespannt ;-)
Torn

Beitragvon Jolan » So 8. Jan 2017, 20:59

Well i have been busy today. First I wanted to make sure that no "unknown" objects where on top of the piston blocking its movement. So I put the inlet valves open and used a vacuum cleaner at the inlet ports. Unfortunately and also expected this brought nothing...

I took off the valve cover and with the valves completely retracted the piston still blocks just before TDC. I made a video to makes things a little bit clearer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpYGzuA_Ek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=207x-qULnq4

A friend of mine noticed something at the crankshaft on the right hand side. Looks like a heat spot.

Bild
Jolan

Beitragvon TEWESHS » Mo 9. Jan 2017, 01:21

Sorry, I understand the problem Jolan - your Video discribes it perfect - but I have no idea. My suggestion is to demount piece by piece and to check with every removement of a part wether it is possible to turn the piston in the cylinder.

I would also check wether the problem is depending on which gear is in. First, neutral, second......

If you think it has something to do with the strokes - demount cylinder head. That will take only 10 minutes. Pay attention on the timing chain and the gear drive while demounting it! Secure it by a wire or something.

Good Luck

Greatings from OWL

Thorsten
TEWESHS
wollte einen gelben Helm
wollte einen gelben Helm

Beitragvon Torn » Mo 9. Jan 2017, 05:22

Die Kurbelwellenwangen werden warm gemacht, um den Hubzapfen leichter einpressen zu können - die Verfärbungen sind normal! Allerdings sieht es so aus, als wäre da im Bereich der Verfärbung etwas gegen die Kurbelwelle geknallt :?
Torn

Beitragvon stixx » Mo 9. Jan 2017, 19:15

Allerdings sieht es so aus, als wäre da im Bereich der Verfärbung etwas gegen die Kurbelwelle geknallt :?

^^^^ This
stixx
wollte einen gelben Helm
wollte einen gelben Helm

Beitragvon Jolan » Mo 9. Jan 2017, 20:24

Thank you for all the responses!

I just removed the gear of the balance shaft so I could rotate it by hand and it's definitely not hitting the crankshaft and causing the blockage.
Just have some questions about the other shafts before I continue with the disassembly.

Is it normal that kickstart shaft and the other connecting shaft can rotate freely? Is the kickstart connected with something else in the crankcase or just the clutch gear?
The output gear shaft can rotate freely when it's in neutral.

@ Thorsten, 10 min really? I am now at a point where I struggle to continue because I have never gone so far at a 4-stroke engine. I have the TTR manual but it puts me off to see what I have to do, removing is not a problem but assembling and setting the timing of the camshaft is. Thank you in advance.

Bild
Jolan

Beitragvon HarryII » Di 10. Jan 2017, 15:55

Hallo Jolan,
auf der Kurbelwelle ist eine Paßfeder, wenn die abgeschert ist stimmt das Timing Kurbelwelle zur Ausgleichswelle nicht mehr.
Bitte kontrollieren!
Gruß
HarryII
HarryII
gut brauchbar
gut brauchbar

Beitragvon TEWESHS » Mi 11. Jan 2017, 00:40

Jolan hat geschrieben:@ Thorsten, 10 min really? I am now at a point where I struggle to continue because I have never gone so far at a 4-stroke engine. I have the TTR manual but it puts me off to see what I have to do, removing is not a problem but assembling and setting the timing of the camshaft is. Thank you in advance.

Yes - when the carburator is already removed it takes you just another ten minutes - maybe because you are not used to it 20 Minutes.

1.unsrew the tensioner of the timing chain
2.secure the timing chain and the gear against falling into the cylinder!!!!!!
3.unscrew the gear of the camshaft - pay attention on the marks and the screws!!!
4.take of the timing chain from the gear and remove the camshaft
5.put the gear of the camshaft again on it in the right position and fix it with the screw again
6.test whether it is possible to turn the piston - maybe there is your problem which has something to do with your timing chain
7. now you have to remove only 6 more screws to take the head of - 4 which can be seen from the top around the camshaft and two other srews on the outside at the cylinder.

Thats it. May be afterwards you need to have a new gasket - so think before you remove it! But I for myself would would check it up to point 6.

In the case that you don't find the problem on the timing chain or on the right side of the engine, you have to demount the cylinder anyway for opening the engine.....

In addition I would say: If you don't have experiance with the engine and working on engines - be careful and ask a friend for some help. I use always the technical microfiches TTR an the german book "Reparaturanleitung" from Bucheli for a XT 600 which is very similar.

Greatings from OWL

Thorsten
TEWESHS
wollte einen gelben Helm
wollte einen gelben Helm

Beitragvon Jolan » Mi 11. Jan 2017, 11:14

@ Thorsten, many thanks for the explanation and the warnings. As I want to learn as well and the bike doesn't work as it is, I think it's a good starting point. With the help of this forum and manuals (technical microfiches TTR) I think I will manage at a slow pace. Will continue tomorrow evening.
Jolan

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Technik